My go to sources for inspiration are: Kinfolk Magazine, Monocle magazine, Zite app., and I know this sounds like a shameless plug but the Blend Images blog has fine art contributors that have daily posts about new artists that are fantastic.
I get fixated on specific subjects that take me down various paths for inspiration. I’m a huge Mid-Century modern fan and a member of the Los Angeles Conservancy.
- Julius Shulman (there are many other books of his work that are less expensive)
- Graphic design by Saul Bass
- Architecture by John Lautner, Neutra, Donald Wexler, E. Stewart Williams
Case Study Homes
- The movie A Single Man
- Alexander Girard hardcover book by Todd Oldham
- Just Kids by Patti Smith inspired a more in-depth view of the early days of 70’s punk/art in NY and their inspirations.
- Please kill me: An Oral History of Punk Rock
We asked Sarah about her wishlist for the holidays: Wishlist for Xmas — Sebastião Selgado: Genesis photo book. I had the opportunity to see the prints in person at the International Center of Photography, NYC in October. If I can’t get an actual print, the book is the next best thing!
If Santa is feeling generous I’ll take a Donald Wexler home in Palm Springs… I’ve been really good.