Blog & InfoZone
Welcome to the Visual Connections InfoZone, your one-stop source of information on all aspects of sourcing, licensing, producing and using images and footage.
Explore our treasure trove of articles by respected industry players on topics ranging from copyright and licensing, through productivity tools and tips, to career development. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or join our LinkedIn group to be notified when new articles go live.
- Tracking Down the Copyright Infringers
- A Constellation of Images
- Getty's Open Letter to U.S. Senators
- Minden Pictures - and the formula for Longevity and Success
- Connecting with new DMLA President Geoff Cannon
- Copyright: what it is and what it protects
- Fair use: when you may use an image without permission
- Licensing: what the different types of licenses mean
- Releases: model and property releases and when you need them
- Orphan works: using images with no contactable copyright owner
If you have a suggestion for a subject you would like to see covered, please let us know.
Check out the latest industry press releases announcing new collections and services for image/footage/art buyers and researchers.
The commissioning editor for our blog is Ellen Herbert of Neat Production, a leading photography professional with experience as an editor, producer, researcher and art director, providing support for creative projects, and producing and directing for a wide array of clients, including non profits, corporates and start-ups.
The InfoZone is kindly sponsored by DMLA (Digital Media Licensing Association), the trade organization in North America that represents the vital interests of stock archives of every size, from individual photographers to large corporations, who license digital media for commercial reproduction.
Our next New York expo will be on October 27, 2016 at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
Join the Visual Connections group on LinkedIn® and get networking!
Through a partnership with Silicon Valley Historical Association, Gado Images’ Visualizing the Valley shares historical and contemporary imagery of Silicon Valley.
Visual Connections returns to New York on Thursday, October 27th to stage another free discovery, networking and education event exclusively for buyers and commissioners of photography, footage and illustration.
UK-based startup Airstoc provided global drone footage for the launch of the British Airway i360, the world’s tallest moving observation tower.