Blog & InfoZone
Welcome to the Visual Connections InfoZone, your one-stop source of information on all aspects of sourcing, licensing, producing and using images and footage.
Explore our treasure trove of articles by respected industry players on topics ranging from copyright and licensing, through productivity tools and tips, to career development. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or join our LinkedIn group to be notified when new articles go live.
- Monument- A new solution for managing your personal photos and videos
- From an African Viewpoint – Africa Media Online
- The New Optics of Aging: Healthy, Wealthy and Fashion Forward
- Alan Kent Bailey 1963-2016
- Evolution of a Visual Researcher
- Copyright: what it is and what it protects
- Fair use: when you may use an image without permission
- Licensing: what the different types of licenses mean
- Releases: model and property releases and when you need them
- Orphan works: using images with no contactable copyright owner
If you have a suggestion for a subject you would like to see covered, please let us know.
Check out the latest industry press releases announcing new collections and services for image/footage/art buyers and researchers.
The commissioning editor for our blog is Ellen Herbert of Neat Production, a leading photography professional with experience as an editor, producer, researcher and art director, providing support for creative projects, and producing and directing for a wide array of clients, including non profits, corporates and start-ups.
The InfoZone is kindly sponsored by DMLA (Digital Media Licensing Association), the trade organization in North America that represents the vital interests of stock archives of every size, from individual photographers to large corporations, who license digital media for commercial reproduction.
Our next New York expo will be on October 27, 2016 at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
Join the Visual Connections group on LinkedIn® and get networking!
Workbook, the leading marketing resource for commercial photographers and illustrators, will again be the Principal Sponsor of this year’s Visual Connections Image Expo at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York on October 27.
Leading digital systems & services company unveils new products for photobuyers and agencies, including new versions of Capture DESK and Capture EXPRESS.
Stock footage and photography company Dissolve introduces Liftoff, a thoughtfully assembled footage collection drawn from the professional and personal work of talented filmmakers and production studios.